How organisations in other countries work with young people?
Would you like to have a job experience abroad to discover how non-formal education and creativity could be used to contrast social exclusion?
READ – Reducing social Exclusion through a creative approach to reADing – promotes non-formal education as a mean to prevent and tackling phenomena as diversity of learners, early school leaving and social exclusion.
Within the project, we are looking for 2 youth workers and/or young people interested in promoting literacy and reading among young people, in particular the ones living in disadvantaged contexts, for a job shadowing in Kenya and one in India.
During the mobility, participants will have the opportunity:
- to visit the local activities of the hosting organization;
- to discover local realities and local educational centres dealing with youngsters with fewer opportunities;
- to exchange ideas and experiences;
- to receive new inputs for their educational job with young people.
Participants to the job shadowing will be also involved in the organisation of the local contest. During the local contest, the non-formal and creative activities to promote reading developed by local teams will be presented to the local community. The participant to the job shadowing mobility will be part of the jury that will vote the activities and select the team with the most interesting ones, which will participate to the final event in Austria.
Job Shadowing mobility
- 1 job shadowing opportunity in Bhubaneswar, India
- 1 job shadowing opportunity in Nairobi, Kenya
From the 15th to the 30th October 2017.
Travel costs are covered up to 820 euros per participant.
Accommodation and lodge will be provided by the hosting organisation.
- Above 18 years old;
- Interest in the project’s topic: creative activities and non-formal education to work with young people;
- Basic level of English.
The READ Project
READ is co-funded by the European Commission through Erasmus+, Capacity Building for Youth. The aim of the project is to promote reading among young people through creative local activities, the involvement of educators, artists, youth centres, schools and libraries. The local activities will help youngsters in developing their motivation towards reading by interpreting books through arts – photography, theatre, drawing.
The project involves five organizations from three continents:
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo (Italy);
- RIS Dvorec Rakičan (Slovenia);
- AMADEUS (Austria);
- International Transformation Foundation (Kenya);
- JRP (India).
How to participate
Send your CV and a motivation letter in English by the 31st August to firstname.lastname@example.org