Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci is part of a new consortium of a new project initiative: DD@S – Democratic Dialogue at School.
The project emphasizes on the importance of dialogue in tackling intolerance and discrimination at school to stimulate inclusive education all over Europe. It aims to enhance secondary school teachers’ professional development to acquire effective dialogue skills to handle difficult situations that originate in the context of sociocultural diversity in schools.
A gamification-based online training in democratic dialogue will be developed to support school teachers in reflective thinking, communication skills and dialogue on controversial themes, such as religious or ethnic intolerance, helping them to feel confident in dealing with controversy and intolerance at school.
The project consortium includes organizations, universities and secondary schools from Italy, Belgium, Greece and Cyprus, which already met several times online for planning the activities and working together. In fact, the first phase of the project is already ongoing with an online survey addressed to secondary school teachers! The aim of this survey is to identify real-life controversial situations in schools to provide tools and methods to address the specific needs that will emerge.
Are you a secondary school teacher? We would like your opinion!
Click the link to complete the survey:
https://forms.gle/zR5Y9GTMRFccmLW87 (in Italian)
https://forms.gle/fiwh74EhYPJj2eUMA (in English)
Filling in the form you will be able to get in touch with us and let us know if you want to get involved in the next project’s activities:
- Focus groups for deepening our qualitative analysis and identify real scenarios and controversial issues and topics to be addressed by our online training;
- International trainings with other teachers in Belgium and Greece;
- Testing of our online Game-Based Training Tool on Democratic Dialogue.
DD@S is funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union, Cooperation partnership in school education.
- Coordinator: Erasmushogeschool Brussel, Belgium
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci, Italy
- Istituto D’Istruzione Superiore Einaudi Pareto, Italy
- Centre for Advancement of research and development in educational technology LTD (CARDET), Cyprus
- University of Nicosia (UNIC), Cyprus
- SYMPLEXIS, Greece
- Interorthodox Centre of the Church of Greece, Greece
- GO! technisch atheneum Zavelenberg Sint-Agatha-Berchem, Belgium