The core of the project is the promotion of legal literacy in education system and other educational setting for students 14 to 18 years old. The project starts with the development of a methodology of competences intended to get schools and teachers to recognize basic legal literacy as an integral part of civic education curricula.
In the last few months, the partners have been working on the development of two main documents:
- The Competence Framework is the key document that will enable the partnership to develop other project results. The CF will be also used as a communication and advocacy tool towards target groups, local, regional, national or European level authorities and stakeholders to raise awareness on the importance of legal literacy in being an integral part of civic education.
- The Synthesis Report, that was finalized and contains a comparative analysis of four national reports. Each of national reports, prepared as working papers, contains data and results of applied methodology in a specific country (outcomes of working groups;qualitative research and results of legal questionnaire;quantitative research in Croatia, France, Italy and Portugal). The findings contained in the Synthesis Report will provide a basis for developing materials for teaching an elementary level of legal literacy, i.e., a fundamental basis for competence framework development.
The meeting was very fruitful because the partners could evaluate the progress of the project and set up the next steps for the coming months.
What’s coming next?
The project foresees the creation of:
- A textbook to better understand Law literacy addressed to students from 14 to 18 years old.
- A manual to better implement activities around Law literacy and understanding Legal concepts addressed to teachers.
To follow updates on the project’s activities and results, follow us on Facebook.
THE LAW PROJECT – LAW IN EVERYDAY LIFE is cofunded by Erasmus+ – KA2 – Cooperation partnerships in school Education programme.
- Coordinator: FORUM ZA SLOBODU ODGOJA – Croatia
- SVEUCILISTE U RIJECI – Croatia
- CENTRO PER LO SVILUPPO CREATIVO DANILO DOLCI – Italy
- PISTES SOLIDAIRES – France
- INOVA+ – INNOVATION SERVICES – Portugal
- Agrupamento de Escolas de Vilela – Portugal
Contact Irene Ippolito: firstname.lastname@example.org.