The latest world events, economic uncertainty, social inequalities, and the consistent flow of refugees Europe has experienced in recent years, have contributed to the shaping of a hostile environment, where hateful speech and violence thrive, especially online.
The NEw CHapter- NEtwork of Cooperation against Hate project aims at tackling this behaviour through a cross-sectorial cooperation in the field of youth work and the promotion of human rights education (HRE).
The partners have met in Larisa (Greece) for the first time in occasion of the project’s Kick-off meeting on October 21st-22nd during which key dates and appointments were scheduled.
More to the point, NEw CHapter seeks:
- to encourage and strengthen transnational cooperation among the participating organizations;
- support involved organisations staff’s capacity building on how to tackle hate speech, bullying and discrimination through joint training with the use of non formal and formal education methodologies;
- to explore and share experiences, tools and methods to get new insights and knowledge on HRE;
- to gain social, intercultural ,critical thinking competences for a more inclusive education, training and youth field;
- to create a cross sectoral sustainable network of inclusion ambassadors that will spread the ideas of No Hate Speech Movement through local and online activities supporting the promotion of inclusive and peaceful societies;
- to support the exchange of effective methods, opportunities and challenges in local and European youth work in reaching out to marginalized young people and in preventing racism and intolerance among local youth.
The partners will now engage in a research on existing good practices in combating hate speech, which will be then gathered and contextualized in the New CHapter handbook.
Moreover, the partners are planning other activities in the framework of the project such as the training for youth workers and the two local activities to take place in 2018.
NEw CHapter is a 15-month, 4-country Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnership project, which includes 7 partners ranging from educational institutions to youth organizations, to ensure the cross-sectorial aim of the project:
- Youthnet Hellas (Greece, coordinator);
- YOUTH SOCIAL RIGHTS NETWORK (Denmark);
- KOINOFELIS EPICHEIRISI IPIRESION DIMOY NEAPOLIS-SYKEON – K.E.Y.N.S (Greece);
- GENIKO LYKEIO GOUVON (Greece);
- 10th Primary School of Sykies (Greece);
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy).
For further information, please contact Irene Ippolito, firstname.lastname@example.org.