Getting used to a healthy lifestyle is important from an early age: raising awareness among teachers and families is the key.
As part of the SUN project, a training event was organized for teachers, parents and relevant stakeholders in the field of education and health to present the results obtained and useful tools for conducting sports activities for minors aged 3 to 7 years old.
During the first part of the event, an in-depth study was provided on Italian guidelines on sport and health for the preschool children and their practical application in schools. Subsequently, the results developed so far during the course of the project were presented:
- The Research Report on Good Practices which contains an analysis of the current situation in European countries on the implementation of recommendations on sport and health for preschool children. The report provides an overview of the main national references, needs to be met by preschool children and a collection of good practices on the subject;
- Educational Modules: a detailed work program in the form of lessons, methodologies and infographics, adapted to the needs of preschool children, their families and the teaching staff.
During the event, a workshop was organized for kindergarten and primary school teachers during which all the techniques and games used during the activities that were carried out at school were explained. In fact, in the past months, expert trainers in conducting sports activities with preschool children have collaborated with the teaching staff of the nursery and primary school of the Istituto Comprensivo Lombardo Radice in Palermo in order to include about 100 minors aged 4 to 7 years in regular sports activities during school hours with the aim of raising awareness from an early age on an active and healthy lifestyle. Relief was also given to education on healthy eating: coloring books containing explanatory drawings and notions on healthy and balanced nutrition were printed for boys and girls.
The goal of this path, which ended with this training event on October 4th 2022 in Palermo, was to help raise awareness of the need for physical activity as the basis of a healthy lifestyle by changing the habits of children in preschool age, their families and the teaching staff. In the next two months, on the basis of the results of the activities carried out and the data collected not only in Italy but also in other European countries, the partnership will define the latest project result, the guidelines for teachers, sports clubs, sports organizations, suppliers of childcare services, local authorities, and general public, useful for promoting physical activity and healthy nutrition for children aged 4 to 7.
The project SUN – Sports, health and fUn for preschool children is co-financed by the Erasmus + Sport program and aims to raise awareness of the need for physical activity and proper nutrition as the basis of a healthy lifestyle by changing the habits of preschool children, their families and teachers.
- Coordinatore: SPORT VIV – Udruga SPORT VIV (Croazia)
- ECHO – Udruga Za Promicanje Aktivnog Gradanstva ECHO (Croazia)
- UNISPORT – Sportski klub Unisport-Samobor (Croazia)
- TREND PRIMA – Trend-Prima, zavod za raziskave in razvoj znanja (Slovenia)
- CSC – Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo ‘Danilo Dolci’ (Italia)
- BSDA – Asociacia za Razvitie na Bulgarskiasport (Bulgaria)
- BRAVO – Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (Bosnia Herzegovina)
- ADCS Carvalhais – Associação Desportiva, Cultural e Social de Carvalhais (Portogallo)
If you want to know more about the project, you can contact us by e-mail or follow us on social media: