How to get used to having a healthy lifestyle from an early age? Can a regular sport activity help?
In recent months, the SUN project partnership concluded the pilot phase focused on the conduction of specific sports activities for preschool children on an ongoing basis in various schools in Italy, Croatia, Portugal, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Slovenia. Relevance was also given to the education for healthy eating and to the training of teachers who were informed about the results of the project and the methodologies used to practice physical activity at an early age.
The transnational meeting, which took place on October 25th in Portugal, was a moment of discussion between the partners to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the pilot phase in its entirety. Numerous feedbacks were collected in each country both from the teaching staff on the training received and from the parents of children who participated in the activities to compare the situation before and after the pilot phase. The impressions gathered so far are very positive. The parents are satisfied, the groups of children had a lot of fun and at the same time the groups of teachers became familiar with new methods to promote physical activity in preschool setting.
In the next month, these data will be analysed and compared to draw conclusions of the path followed and to raise awareness of the importance of having a healthy lifestyle from an early age. Based on the data analysis, the latest project result will be constructed, i.e. guidelines for teachers, sports clubs, sports organizations, childcare providers, local authorities and the general public, useful for promoting physical activity and healthy nutrition for children aged 4 to 7 years.
SUN – Sports, health and fUn for preschool childreN project is co-financed by the Erasmus + Sport program and aims to raise awareness of the need for physical activity and proper nutrition as the basis of a healthy lifestyle by changing the habits of preschool children, their families and teachers.
- Coordinator: SPORT VIV – Udruga SPORT VIV (Croatia)
- ECHO – Udruga Za Promicanje Aktivnog Gradanstva ECHO (Croatia)
- UNISPORT – Sportski klub Unisport-Samobor (Croatia)
- TREND PRIMA – Trend-Prima, zavod za raziskave in razvoj znanja (Slovenia)
- CSC – Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo ‘Danilo Dolci’ (Italy)
- BSDA – Asociacia za Razvitie na Bulgarskiasport (Bulgaria)
- BRAVO – Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- ADCS Carvalhais – Associação Desportiva, Cultural e Social de Carvalhais (Portugal)
If you want to know more about the project, you can contact us by e-mail or follow us on social media: