Description of the project
GeNeus is an Erasmus+ Key Action 2 (Strategic Partnerships for Vocational and Educational Training) project, which aims at improving women’s accessibility to higher education and the labor market through the development of gender neutral tools and tests for selection processes.
The need for tackling gendered discrimination in selection processes stems from the observation that most of the tests and evaluations carried out by Universities, employment agencies, schools and so are based on parameters such as mathematical skills, thus favouring male applicants. The latest neuropsychological science research proves, in fact, that women have different intellectual strengths, such as planning of actions, social competences, conflict solving, which don’t seem to be taken into account when a test or an evaluation is developed.
With the precious contributions of professionals and experts from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Post-Secondary Professional Education (PSPE) and the Public Administration (PA), GeNeus will develop, promote and mainstream a set of gender neutral selection tools and tests, in order to contribute to the reduction of the barriers preventing women from entering the workforce.
- Research and comparison of information on testing systems in use and national contexts across the partnership;
- Development of gender neutral testing matrices;
- Development of a set of application guides for SMEs, PSPE and PAs to make use of the gender neutral matrices of selection tests;
- Mainstreaming of the matrices and guides for SMEs, PSPE and PAs to access and employ them.
- Generic report on gender neutral testings;
- Set of Matrices of Gender Neutral Testing;
- Guide on Implementation of Matrices;
- Set of Application of Gender Neutral Testings for SMEs;
- Set of Application of Gender Neutral Testings for Public Administration Measures;
- Set of Application of Gender Neutral Testings for Post-Secondary Professional Education.
- Coordinator: Frauen im Brennpunkt / Austria
- Inova & Instituto Politecnico of Porto / Portugal
- Bimec / Bulgaria
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci”/ Italy
- Servicio Regional de Empleo y Formación de la Región de Murcia / Spain