Description of the project
The project aims at establishing concrete resources for increasing the social impact of youth work on the international platform, supporting institutions and experts working in this field with quality management and innovative methods and for sustainable studies in the field.
- To develop a scientific approach to intercultural communication and understanding, including general findings on the skills needed by young people and especially youth workers in the skills needs of them and development of guidelines for the trainings. At the same time to collect transnationally information on best practice especially to integrate different cultural, generational and gender aspects on the issue;
- A train-the-trainer handbook providing information on how to develop the competences needed to be able to encourage and motivate young people in exploring diversity as important value and foster their intercultural understanding and skills in communication and conflict resolution;
- The videos will offer a special possibility for training institutions involving blended learning concepts in their curricula. They target youth workers and shall provide them a possibility to include this approach to their repertoire by self-learning;
- A distance learning platform for Youth workers to promote the learning outputs and tools to a broader audience, especially to targets living in communities apart for which f2f trainings might not be that easily accessible.
ACTIVITIES AND RESULTS
- IO1: Comparative research and assessment of current needs, study report on youth work;
- IO2: Designing training modules in youth work and piloting;
- IO3: Training videos for blended learning implementation;
- IO4: Designing a distance education programme and LEVEL5 programme in the field of youth work;
- IO5: Guidelines for inclusion of the methodology in settings for youth;
- Short-term joint staff training events (in Palermo, Innsbruck and Malaga): from each country 5 youth workers (90 youth workers in total).
- Mozaik Insan Kaynaklari Gelisterme Dernegi, coordinator (Turkey)
- Asociación Caminos – Asociación para el intercambio educación y desarrollo social (Spain)
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy)
- Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Mersin Valiligi (Turkey)
- Universitaet Innsbruck (Austria)
- BUPNET Bildung und Projekt Netzwerk Gmbh (Germany)