Description of the project
The main objective of the “JOB EMOTIONS CLUB” project is to improve the employability of unemployed adults who are seeking to re-join the labor market by developing a methodology that allows these people to participate actively in a job club where they can acquire skills social networks linked to Emotional Intelligence that contribute to further enhance their employment opportunities.
To achieve its objective, the project aims to develop materials that support professionals in the field of employment guidance for adults in search of employment. These materials will be based on a methodology that combines the already proven efficiency of the Job Clubs (spaces where unemployed people can share the necessary tools to carry out an active job search) together with tools based on the development of Emotional Intelligence. This will allow Adult Educators and Employment advisors to offer this service, being trainers of a Job Club in which they work, as well as techniques of active job search, Emotional Intelligence training.
It is expected that a JEC (JOB EMOTIONS CLUB) will work on aspects that promote Emotional Intelligence, such as:
- Self-awareness: Identify positive and negative emotions.
- Emotions management: Reject negative emotions and turn them into positive ones.
- Motivation: Promote positive emotions to improve and strengthen self-confidence.
- Empathy: Identify the emotions of others and use it to improve the social and working relationships of our environment.
- Social Skills: Train the ability to handle other people’s emotions.
- Conducting a research on the status of Job Clubs and the training of Emotional Intelligence in unemployed people searching for a job in each participating country.
- Developing innovative materials related to intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligence that support professionals in the field of employment guidance for adults in search of employment.
- Testing the materials developed during the project with employment advisors and unemployed people in search of employment in the different participating countries.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the methodology and materials developed in different cultural, economic and social contexts (different countries).
- Developing a guide for adult trainers and advisors describing the methodology to manage a Job Club where they work, as well as techniques of active job search, the training of Emotional Intelligence and personal growth.
- Research for the development of the methodology that combines a job club and the training of emotional intelligence
- Training module I: intrapersonal intelligence (self-awareness and emotion management + motivation and empowerment)
- Training module II: interpersonal intelligence (empathy and social skills)