Description of the project
The project Joint Venture aims at designing and building a new hybrid methodology of incubation for helping people at risk of exclusion who want to create a new business and that could do it with the guidance of an NGO and of the business world.
This type of collaboration is necessary to mitigate the effects of unemployment caused by the recent pandemic and in general the effects of growing social exclusion and a low rate of employability in Europe, where competition is very high. Strengthening entrepreneurship is a determining factor as it is a transversal element that can help people to fit into a European dynamic of socio-economic development.
The Joint Venture partnership will validate this hybrid model of collaboration between entrepreneurs and NGOs, analyzing good practices, creating content for training and through the incubation of 9 “Joint Ventures”, joint business initiatives, (one entrepreneur at risk of marginalization together with an NGO): a model that can become a valid tool for change for all professionals of European social enterprises who work with individuals at risk of social and economic marginalization.
- To design and build an incubation methodology in order to establish new joint ventures between people at risk of exclusion and NGOs
- To create a new model of collaboration between entrepreneurs, NGOs and business professionals;
- To develop a training course focused on the needs and limitations of these entrepreneurs;
- To create economically sustainable business models that allow entrepreneurs at risk of exclusion to have a dignified life again;
- To disseminate the developed tool to the business system, companies, NGOs and administrations.
ACTIVITIES & RESULTS
- Adapted Incubation Programme Design: research and development of social entrepreneurship training contents at the EU level, but adapted to the training constraints of mixed teams.
- Book containing 88 success stories of NGO business projects with people at risk of exclusion
- Methodology validation – entrepreneurial NGOs incubation with 9 mixed teams (groups composed by a person at risk of exclusion, that wants to participate in the incubation process helped by an NGO involved in the project), supported by companies and professionals from the business world.
- Measuring social impact methodology: different indicators for measuring social impact will be researched, analyzed and applied in order to find the most adapted to the project needs.