Description of the project
The COVID-19 crisis greatly disrupted normal operation of SMEs resulting into an abrupt halt or even reversed gains. All the changes that would require months or years to be implemented happen overnight. Within this crisis, it became apparent that digital transformation is essential for SMEs to mitigate the negative impact on their operation as a result of the economic activity disruption. Supporting European SMEs through strengthening their digital transformation both in terms of infrastructure and labor skills empowerment, will help them reap the benefits of digitalization ultimately leading to a sustainable growth and prosperity.
For this reason, LEVEL UP main aim isto empower the labor force of European small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in digital competencies through the development and provision of short-term, high-quality and industry-oriented training courses. The courses will focus on the key capacity areas of: Cybersecurity, data literacy, data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), microelectronics/ microcontrollers, Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing and modelling, cloud and programming.
The training courses will be customized to be relevant to different industry sectors, including the healthcare, finance, insurance, agriculture-food, agritech, energy, manufacturing and telecommunications sectors.
Moreover, LEVEL UP will be aimed at:
- Cooperating transnationally for exchange of knowledge and expertise of training providers towards the creation of impactful training courses.
- Creating a new poll of training courses on the basis of the expertise knowledge and experience of the consortium training providers and account on the actual needs of the labour workforce.
- Promoting the digital transformation of SMEs, including leaders, managers, employees and job seekers, in six main key capacity areas: Data analytics, AI, Cybersecurity, IoT, Cloud, 3D printing.
- Engaging a large number of European SMEs and thousands of SME employees through our online and hybrid training courses.
- Disseminating of Level Up and its training courses to the EU.
- State of the art analysis of labour market skills for digital transition, identifying the particular needs that Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs), business, and job seekers have in relation to their industry sector (e.g., healthcare, food, energy, agriculture).
- Design and development of the training courses, customised in order to be relevant to different industry sectors, including the healthcare sector, finance, insurance, but also, agriculture-food, agritech, energy, manufacturing and telecommunications sector.
- Implementation and evaluation of training courses at both local and international level on a multi-targeted audience -namely business leaders and managers – evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the developed learning path.
- 10 Round-tables with representatives from relevant experts in digital transformation and governmental authorities and policy makers.
- 50 courses with a duration of few weeks up to 3 months targeting business.leaders/managers, employees and job seekers: 20 in data analytics, 5 in AI, 4 in cybersecurity, 3 in IoT and 3 in 3D printing.
- 50 intensive seminars and workshops with a duration of one to few days, targeting SMEs (leaders and employees): 25 in data analytics, 10 in AI, 5 in cybersecurity, 5 in IoT and 5 in 3D printing.
- 15550 participants in the training courses.
- 3000 SMEs engaged in the courses.
- GrantXpert Consulting Ltd (Coordinator, Cyprus)
- JOIST Innovation Park (Greece)
- Association of Thessalian Enterprises and Industries (STHEV) (Greece)
- Centro per Lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (Italy)
- Cyprus Information Technologies Enterprises Association – CITEA (Cyprus)
- Digian (Greece)
- Nicosia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Cyprus)
- European University – Cyprus Ltd (Cyprus)
- Hellenic Digital Health Cluster Private Company/ Hellenic Digital Health Cluster (Greece)
- Informatikai, Tavkozlesi Es Elektronikai Vallalkozasok Szovetsege (Hungary)
- Prizztech Oy (Finland)
- Regionalna Izba Gospodarcza Pomorza – RIGP (Poland)
- Stackfuel GmbH (Germany)