Description of the project
project promotes reading and literacy among young people through creative local activities, the involvement of educators, artists, youth centres, schools and libraries. The local activities will help youngsters in developing their motivation towards reading by interpreting books through arts (photography, theatre, drawing, etc.)
READ promotes non-formal education as a mean to prevent and tackling phenomena as diversity of learners, early school leaving and social exclusion.
Moreover, the project aims at developing the skills of youth workers and trainers in the field of non-formal education. An Open Educational Resource will be developed to spread non-formal educational methods within formal education pathways.
- International Training Course for youth workers in Palermo, Italy.
- Local educational activities for young people in all partner countries.
- Local contest.
- Job shadowing in all partner countries.
- International Workshop and Festival in Wien, Austria.
- State of art on literacy in partner countries and good practices in literacy and reading promotion.
- Tool-kit for youth workers and trainers on non-formal education and reading promotion.
- OER (Open Educational Resource): online manual for the implementation of non-formal and creative activities.