Description of the project
Social distancing, isolation and the spread of terrifying news during the pandemic has enormously affected the mental health of the whole population. In particular, it has most affected youth living with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and mental health disorders.
StoryLiving promotes storytelling as a method for overcoming and process emotions, fears, traumas and isolation that these youth have experienced in this period. The project focuses on the healing and social inclusion of this vulnerable category, sensitizing on the needs and difficulties that they face during the pandemic.
Storyliving objectives are:
- to help youth with ASD/mental health disorders cope with the pandemic;
- to support youth trainers, educators and social workers and increase their capacity to use storytelling in their work;
- to promote social inclusion of youth with ASD/mental health disorders through storytelling;
- to raise awareness about the special issues that people with ASD/mental health disorders face during the pandemic.
- Research on storytelling as a methodology for professionals working with youth with ASD and mental health disorders.
- Training course on storytelling methodology.
- Stories collection: inclusion of youth living with ASD and mental health disorders.
- Digital platform development.
- Evaluation of the activities and development of National and European guidelines.
- Training program on the storytelling methodology for youth workers, educators and social workers working with youth with developmental disabilities/mental health disorders.
- Piloting & Development of collective stories by youth with developmental disabilities/mental health disorders.
- Development of the training & hosting platform.
- Recommendations & Guidelines on using storytelling as a communication and healing process during & after the pandemic.
- At least 120 educators, social workers and trainers working with youth living with ASD and mental health disorders will gain knowledge and skills on how to use storytelling as a communication and healing tool.
- At least 12 youth living with ASD and mental health disorders will be involved in the collection of their stories of the pandemic.
- Raised awareness on youth living with ASD and mental health disorders and promoted their social inclusion.
- Social Policy Academy (Greece, coordinator)
- BUPNET – Bildung und project netzwerkgmbh (Germany)
- CWC – Canary Wharf Consulting Limited (United Kingdom)
- CSC – CENTRO PER LO SVILUPPO CREATIVO DANILO DOLCI (Italy)
- INTRAS – Fundacion Intras (Spain)
- KMOP Skopje – Family and Childcare Center – branch in Skopje (North Macedonia)
- Reframe (Belgium)