Description of the project
The project addresses elderly migrants, “experts for life” of different migrant milieus, taking over the bridging function to migrants of the specific milieus that need help in diverse areas of their lives. These elderly migrants are addressed and selected with the help of a custom-made selection procedure. Contemporaneous to the selection procedure an innovative training program to qualify senior migrants is developed. The target is to get direct access to migrants needing help and to disseminate the concept of UPS. Thus, migrants are assisted in all areas of life, whilst at the same time disburdening community budgets.
- Selection of a group of adult immigrants in every partner country
- Development of an innovative training course for adult immigrants
- Support to the coordination role of the trained adult immigrants in their origin communities
- Elaboration of a guide containing the employed methodological concepts
- Establishment of a network of migrants, local authorities, integration and charity agencies using the developed methodologies