The APQ “Young protagonist of themselves and of the territory” is an integrated programming tool through which the Sicilian Region in consultation with the Department of Youth, the Presidency of the Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Economic Development, aims to put the spotlight on youth , initiating a cultural shift in the territory that values the potential and the role of young people as active subjects, necessary in the development of Sicily. The project “Inventing the Future” is an alternative to spontaneous aggregation of young people; it wishes to give the city an alternative experimental space of cultural self-production that would be at the same time a meeting place, an opportunity for non-formal education, an self-expression workshop, where young people could spend their free time together. The general strategy is to promote the social role of young people in order to promote social inclusion and prevent discomfort and deviance, through actions that stimulate the development of their personalities, to facilitate active participation in the local community by offering, cultural exchange, prevention, training, information and support during the transition to adulthood and independence. The project aims to increase knowledge of young people through contact with people, customs and cultures, stimulating their desire for exchange, to be leaders of their own choices and encouraging them in their search for individual autonomy.
Programme: “GIOVANI PROTAGONISTI DI SE’ E DEL TERRITORIO” REGIONE SICILIANA
Project duration: 01/10/2010 – 30/10/2013
In line with the National Youth Plan and in light of the planning framework outlined, the measures to be undertaken with the APQ will meet the following general objectives:
- Fostering of youth creativity in order to promote a greater social role, increasing individual and group growth opportunities and active participation in cultural events, recreational activities, activities of social solidarity, therefore strengthening knowledge, skills and abilities of young people.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle and positive role models, through sport and respect of the environmental and cultural resources of the territory, by educating young people about the hazards of drug and alcohol abuse as well as eating disorders.
- Promotion of a culture of acceptance and multiculturalism, to encourage dialogue and integration between young people from different geographical backgrounds, in a perspective of intercultural cooperation, solidarity and mutual respect.
- In order to promote youth creativity and favorise their growing social role the following activities will be developped: artistic expression workshops (thatre, dance, music), self-governed creative expression spaces that will take into account talent as well as individual intelligence, two information points, a social library, maieutic workshops, promotion of a healthy lifestyle and posotive behavioural role models.
- In order to educate youth people about legality the following activities will be developped: an information desk about enhancing ones active citizenship and a listening centre to improve self-knowledge.
- Activities that promote a culture of acceptance and of multiculturality, spaces of confrontational dialogue to bring togetrher different cultures as well as workshops on the theme of intergenerational family relations.
- Project coordinator: CE.S.I.E. Centro Studi ed Iniziative Europeo
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci
- Centro Internazionale delle Culture Ubuntu
- Associazione Immaginaria
- Associazione Centro Astalli Palermo Onlus
- Associazione Bayty Baytik
- Istituto tecnico Nautico Statale Gioeni Trabia
- Istituto Professionale di Stato per i servizi Commerciali e Turistici “Luigi Einaudi”
- Comune di Palermo
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci: email@example.com
- Coordinatore del progetto: firstname.lastname@example.org