The first meeting of the European informal network coordinated by CSC with members from Spain, Norway, Germany and England took place on Sept. 10, 2015 in Palermo at the headquarters of the Centre for Creative Development “Danilo Dolci”. The meeting – the first in a long series of meetings with several European partners of the informal network (46 organizations from 21 countries) – was useful to discuss the procedures, tools and benefits to members related to this extensive European network: from 2015-2017, CSC Danilo Dolci has indeed support from the European Commission through an operating grant to ensure the sustainability of the network.
During these three years, the objectives of the European informal network coordinated by CSC Danilo Dolci will be:
• To promote youth employment, especially through activities that encourage the development of expertise and skills through non-formal education;
• To promote the empowerment of young people in society and encourage their participation in decision-making processes;
• To contribute to the personal development, socio-educational and professional development of young people in Europe;
• To contribute to the development of youth work at European, national, regional and local level;
• To promote intercultural learning, respect for diversity, and values such as solidarity, equal opportunities and human rights among young people in Europe;
• To promote the social inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities.
The meeting was also an opportunity to discuss the best strategies to promote the network and make the services provided to its members more specific and functional: among the various proposals discussed, members talked about how to share future calls within the network and opportunities to circulate dissemination products of projects across Europe.
Finally, later this year other meetings will be held to present and explain to all members the network and its tools, its advantages and its basic rules.
For more information, contact the coordinator of the network for CSC “Danilo Dolci”, Dario Ferrante at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be part of the CSC Danilo Dolci’s network, please visit: https://danilodolci.org/eu-wide-network/