Description of the project
The project aims at setting up an alliance between different actors of the educational community by stipulating “Educational Pacts”. These pacts are based on three pillars: self-reflection, networking and interventions in favour of the educational community. Teachers, families, social workers and economic actors will be involved in a programme based on self-analysis, by means of RMA sessions (a Danilo Dolci-inspired approach). These activities will allow participants to identify the values they wish to adopt in their own community and use as principles of a self-realisation process.
- To test a new educational model blending formal and non-formal methodologies, so as to allow children to create their personal projects.
- To enhance the role of schools as places for students to grow morally and emotionally, as a space where they can thrive. Schools shall become an important piece of community mosaic in order to prevent early school leaving.
- To share this reflection process with people coming from other territories and having different experiences, so as to contribute with new visions and impulses to the enrichment of community life.
- To set up an alliance between different actors of the educational community by stipulating “Educational Pacts”. These pacts will tie the so-called “educational knots”, spaces where teachers, social and youth workers can meet and dialogue with children in order to understand their dreams and desires.
Activities and results
- Train the Trainer Programmes aimed at sharing tools and methods used to set up local initiatives.
- Self-reflection workshops on personal needs and desires so as to ensure consistency between actions and initiatives implemented at local level.
- Educational support to individual study.
- ICT and Active Citizenship workshops.
- Support the educational role of teachers by promoting pedagogic activities such as co-created classes and street education programmes.
- Counselling points in every partner school.
- Participative interventions of social and urban regeneration.
- Launch of an online platform aimed at promoting dialogue between different actors and integrate and strengthen school and educational networks.
The project will be implemented in 5 cities in four different Italian regions: Palermo, Messina, Salerno, Genoa e Turin.
Coordinator of the project: Libera associazioni, nomi e numeri contro le mafie
Partners: ARCI GENOVA, Associazione Culturale “San Giovanni Apostolo” onlus, Associazione Gruppo Abele ONLUS, Associazione Libera Palermo, Centro di prima accoglienza Salerno – Dipartimento minorile e di comunità del Ministero della Giustizia, Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci, Comune di Messina, Comune di Palermo, Comune di Salerno, Comune di Torino, EcosMed società cooperativa sociale, I.I.S. GASTALDI-ABBA, IC ALFANO-QUASIMODO, Il Portico Cooperativa Sociale, IPSSAR “F. P. Cascino”, Istituto Comprensivo ‘Giuseppe Catalfamo’, Istituto Comprensivo Cornigliano, Istituto Comprensivo Giuliana Saladino, Istituto Comprensivo Sferracavallo-Onorato Palermo, Istituto Comprensivo Statale Giovanni Falcone, Istituto d’Istruzione Superiore Statale ‘Santa Caterina da Siena – Amendola’, Istituto d’Istruzione Superiore Verona Trento, Istituto Professionale Statale J.B.BECCARI, Scuola secondaria di primo grado Viotti Torino, Ufficio di Servizio Sociale per i Minorenni di Genova, Ufficio di Servizio Sociale per i Minorenni di Palermo, Ufficio Servizio Sociale Minorenni, Ufficio Servizio Sociale per i Minorenni di Messina.