Description of the project
The project wants to introduce Community Theatre as a tool to foster a positive intercultural dialogue between the refugees and the host society in an appropriate way that the available competences of the refugees suffice. The project will test and compare a number of integration and educational approaches in each partner country in order to come up with an innovative participatory method to be used for refugee integration across the EU.
In this way, the REACT project aims at reaching a better social cohesion in diversity, mutual understanding and appreciation between the newly arrived refugees and the local population, in addition to equipping them with new skills and competences. The project has 2 main phases – Year 1: to carry out three national projects in local communities, and Year 2: Sharing results and developing educational models and toolkit for refugee-related work.
The project’s final outputs shall be shared with other stakeholders in the same and other fields for multiplying replicable effect.
- Testing and comparing different educational and integration approaches on national level.
- Organizing a big sharing event on the use of Community Theatre as an alternative integration model.
- Organizing local events to be attended by local population, refugees, and youth.
- Sharing and collaborating with other sectors for a better response to the issue of inclusion and integration.
- Delivering creative products: original Community Theatre shows in three partner countries, live and filmed.
- Making a documentary film of REACT project.
- Compiling a Guidance resource on how to develop similar project: online and printed