DECENT – DIGITAL STRATEGIES OF ENHANCEMENT OF THE BASIC SKILLS AMONG ADULTS AS A CHANCE TO FIGHT AGAINST FUNCTIONAL ILLITERACY
DECENT is an Erasmus+ – Key Action 2: Strategic Partnerships for Adult Education project, aiming to increase the effectiveness of the fight against functional illiteracy among low qualified adults who are at risk of social exclusion in Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Spain and Italy. As the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) points out, the traditional dichotomous measures of literacy (literate/illiterate) have been increasingly replaced by a view of literacy as a continuum of skills, thus allowing to place an increased emphasis on functional illiteracy. Functional illiteracy – which represents a rampant phenomenon in Europe – has considerable negative effects not only on personal development, but also in economic and social terms.
The DECENT project sets to reach out to low qualified adult individuals who are at risk of social exclusion (long-term unemployed, threatened by poverty, poorly educated) and adult education institutions in order to develop and test the “Decent life without illiteracy” course and eTool for adult educators to access and implement.
- Researching information at national levels in all partner countries;
- Development and administration of a questionnaire to the target group;
- Development of the “Decent life without illiteracy” and the eTool.
- “Decent life without illiteracy” course;
- eTool for fighting functional illiteracy.
- Coordinator: Asociatia de Dezvoltare Economico-Sociala/ Romania
- Stowarzyszenie Centrum Wspierania Edukacji I Przedsiebiorczosci/ Poland
- Znam i Moga LTD / Bulgaria
- Centro per lo sviluppo creativo “Danilo Dolci”/ Italy
- Centre for Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology Ltd-Cardet/ Cyprus
- FyG Consultores / Spain
Erasmus+; KA2 Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic Partnerships for adult education
01/10/2017 – 30/09/2019