Description of the project
GIVE ME 50 + is a volunteer project aimed at adults over 50. The project is bilateral and involves the Centre for Creative Development “Danilo Dolci” and Active Community Wirral (UK). The two associations have represented the sending and hosting organisation of six British volunteers and six Italian volunteers, for a period of 4 weeks. The senior volunteers were involved in activities of local centres, in which they could share their professional and personal experience, and at the same time they learned about their method of work and management. The project promoted the intercultural and intergenerational dialogue within the partner organizations and within local volunteer centres involved.
- Educational and entertainment activities at local centres (child care centres, hospitals etc.);
- Support to local centres that provide assistance to people in need and homeless (legal assistance, canteen, health, language etc.);
- Gardening and artistic activities;
- Participation and organisation of cultural and educational activities;
- Activities for the dissemination and exploitation of results both locally and internationally.
- The consortium: improved professional experience, strengthening the partnership;
- The acquisition of new knowledge, skills and attitudes by volunteers and local centres involved;
- Local communities: intergenerational and intercultural dialogue and knowledge of European Programmes.