Description of the project
The project called PRoMOTE: New Perspectives Through Mobility and Exchange is coordinated by Merseyside Expanding Horizons (MEH) in the UK and involves the exchange of 2 youth workers from the UK and Italy. Centro Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (CSC) is working in partnership with MEH to support the bilateral exchange. For 6 months a youth worker from MEH in Liverpool has worked in Palermo for CSC Danilo Dolci and MEH has hosted a youth worker from CSC in Liverpool. Both youth workers will work at local and European level in the delivery of projects within the youth field. The placements in the UK and Italy has provided the opportunity for both youth workers to experience a new intercultural experience while gaining new skills and competences in youth work.
- Give youth workers the opportunity to experience a different working reality in another country
- Gain a better understanding of the European dimension of youth work
- Improve youth workers’ professional, intercultural and language competences
- Promote the exchange of experiences and approaches to youth work and non-formal education in Europe
- Contribute to develop stronger and better quality partnerships between youth organisations across Europe.
- Strengthen the quality and the role of youth work in Europe
- To plan and participate in activities carried out by hosting organization at local level
- To collaborate and participate in projects implemented at EU level
- To promote youth mobility opportunities amongst young people at local level
- To implement workshops/laboratories involving young people with fewer opportuniti;
- To disseminate the results of the project, as well as the learning experience, once youth workers have come back
- Reinforced partnership among the 2 partners;
- Improved self-esteem in both the youth workers;
- Acquisition of knowledge, “know how” , innovative non- formal education methods for youth workers and partners;
- Local communities: awareness towards EU values/objectives and knowledge about mobility opportunities promoted by Youth in Action Programme.
- 1 DVD with the collection of best practices used in both partner organizations for promotion of youth active citizenship and self-esteem and EU projects management and development.